Monday, July 2, 2018

Eye of the Tiger: Motivational Video Clips

I don't know what it is but every time I listen to Eye of the Tiger by Survivor I feel like I can take on the world. There are days when I'm beat down and feel hopeless when I really need this motivation.

In my years of teaching and coaching young people I have found also need these reminders that they can overcome challenges.  I know there has been a lot of conversation the past few years in education circles on Angela Lee Duckworth's Grit: the power of passion and perseverance and instilling a  Growth Mindset with students. My own school has used this to help students set up S.M.A.R.T Goals each school semester.




I wanted to share some great motivational video clips I've shared with students as inspiration and motivation. I have found these videos serve as good conversation starters to help students discuss their goals and the obstacles they sometimes face. Of course the best way to overcome our obstacles is having a strong support system to help them and I hope that my students see me as an advocate for them.

This is not a complete list and would love to hear any suggestions you might have in the comments section below.




Videos on the list:
  1. Encourage The Heart - Facing The Giants Death Crawl
  2. Rudy - Fortune tries to talk Rudy out of quitting the Notre Dame Football Team
  3. Motivational speech from the film 'Little Giants'
  4. Inspiring scene from The Movie "Rocky Balboa'
  5. You Want Something. Go get it. Period from Pursuit of Happiness 
  6. Resiliency- Motivational Video from Mateusz M
  7. J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement 
  8. Famous Success Stories
  9. The Powerful Message About A Mother's Love
  10. Jankovics Marcell - Sisyphus
  11. Keep Moving Forward from Meet The Robinsons
  12. An Open Letter To Students Returning to School from the Vlogbrothers
  13. The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance - TEDx Bloomington Shawn Achor
  14. Mithrandir, why the halfing? from The Hobbit
  15. Soldier (Official Music Video) from Gentri
  16. If You Want to Change the World, Start of by Making . Your Bed- William McRaven, US Navy Admiral
  17. A Pep talk from Kid President to You via SoulPancake


No comments:

Post a Comment